I was trying to figure out why my gear wasn't fitting into my 40L bags yesterday… part of the issue was I put all the clothing in a big plastic bag to keep it all dry and air got in the bag taking up more space. Yep, drybags are supposed to be water proof – but when it comes to long distance travel it's always good to have a back up plan to keep gear dry… Other issue is that I'm not a believer in this 'light weight' packing strategy. Those of you who have traveled with me always admire how I'm able to strap on extra pieces of gear to my main pack… I think this trip will still be the same.
Now, I was looking at essential items like my 'backpacking French press' that seems to take up a decent amount of space (holds 32 oz) but is considered survival gear along w/ a ½ pound of gourmet coffee… If memory serves me, much of Central/South America is a fan of instant coffee. Why they don't go to the trouble of making a real cup of coffee boggles my mind since they grow lots of coffee down there. Regardless, I want to keep 'Cranky Brett' away from Nathan and a nice cup of Joe in the morning is a great strategy to ensure we have peace and shalom on this trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment