Tuesday, April 13, 2010

In Cipro we trust (Nathan)

We're both sick. We crawled in to bed last night at 7, ordered room service fruit and rice for dinner (much of which is still left this morning; stomachs couldn't handle it) and were incredibly grateful that we sprung the extra $8 each to get a hotel room. The other alternative was sleeping on gravel or a concrete slab. Yesterday was spent in various degrees of discomfort. Brett has what my wife and I have, in previous travels, called "a** like waterfall" (it's one step beyond a** like river, if anyone's curious). I came pretty close to puking last night, and closed my eyes hoping sleep would ward off the pains.
 
Not a good place to be with more than 2,000 miles left to go, and no room for a day off. Brett has to be back in Vancouver on Saturday. I have to be back in Calgary on Sunday.
 
But salvation -- or at least, some temporary form of it -- has come in the form of horse tranquilizer-sized pills. Ciprofloxacin is medical wizardry. My wife and I discovered this in Africa, where we made the mistake of bringing only one prescription. That meant trading off -- first she on the 3-day regimen, then me. It's magic. It fixes a** like waterfall in a matter of hours. Just ask Brett. It's just before 7 a.m. and he's solid as a rock.

1 comment:

  1. just dropping by. nice to hear about your trip and the drip. reminds me of last year when I rode from Cairo to Cape Town. That's not true. Ride on, safe.
    Loren

    ReplyDelete