Wednesday, April 14, 2010

San Diego (Brett)

Made it across the border last night and we stayed at Matt & Mellisa's pad as we arrived late and last minute... no troubles at Tijuana... but another 500 mile day (tired)...
 
Not sure if you all heard but there is a Narco - Cop war going on in Tijuana...  I was told over the past few years 100+ cops have been killed.  The story goes that the President of Mexico declared war on drugs a few years ago.  The US backed him.  Well the Narco cartels didn't like this and then the battle errupted. 
 
Some friends of ours in San Diego thought we were crazy to cross at Tijuana but with the power of lane splitting and the toll road we were able to bypass 98% of the city and end up at the border with a wait of a few minutes. 
 
Todays plan:
Up I-5 to get pass LA Craziness.  Then cut over Sierra mountains and ride the coast & camp at Big Sur. 
 
Am looking to purchase crab or a whole fish for supper tonight over a camp fire!  Lets see what we find along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your trip went well. I was praying for you two the whole time. I am also glad you had a place to stay last night. Come back and visit us anytime. Bring your families too.

    ReplyDelete