excellent motorcycling--slippery rodes, reduced visibility, and makes the
rider colder faster.
After pulling over to put all my gear on I discovered the problem... My
boots let in too much air. An excellent feature during most of our trip
when it was hot but not excellent as the water got in along with the air
chilling my feet.
Solution--a vapor barrier. Foot goes next to plastic bag which is covered
over w/ a sock. No moisture or cold air on the foot.
I'm happy to report that SPITFUK and I are home! I finally made it only to
be locked out... I didn't bring my key nor did I tell my wife when I would
be home. An oversight on my part, but I have a good book and a nice
courtyard to sit in...
Nathan is traveling - he got 300 miles under his belt before 10 AM. We
split ways this AM..
Nathan doesn't have a map of how to get from Portland to Calgary...
Reason--he doesn't need one.
I called him SPIDEY (after Spiderman) on this trip because of his amazing
ability to find a hotel, campground or anything else we were looking for...
I'm sure his sense of direction is guiding him onto the best roads for his
trek back.
Make sure to keep Spidey in your thoughts and prayers til he arrives home
tommorrow...
You may ask - would you do it again?
Yes, actually I am planning a trip called KIDS IN THE RIDE. Where I
motorbike to Alaska and kids and wife come along in SUV... Who knows what
the future brings... Although I think my bum needs a few days rest.
Thanks for all the support and for sharing our journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment