Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Loading (Brett)

Not sure if you've ever driven a 500 pound motorbike up a ramp into a truck
that's 4 ft off the ground. Interesting experience. Key - don't stop on
the ramp as there is no place to put your feet down... I saw this and
started coasting up the ramp - then gave her some gas to get in--worked
fine.

I drove to our meeting spot 5 miles away...
.
Putting Nathans bike in was an experince. He looked at the ramp and said
'I'm not sure I can ride this'. He wanted to move my bike.. I undid the
straps and moved it... Then I had to move the truck so he could get a
better angle... I heard a loud 'smash' - got out and my bike was on its
side. Hmm, why did I move the truck w/ my straps untied--not my most
brilliant moment... No worries - thank you Givi crash bars. We picked up
bike and tied it down.

Nathan tried to ride it. I yelled 'put a helmet on' - and he looks at me
like I'm a retard.... He stops right before the ramp so he can walk his
500 # bike up w/ help... We get 1/2 way up - the truck is 4 ft off the
ground and he can't reach the motorcycle handlebars... "Stop - its gonna
fall off the ramp." He locks the front brake and the bike slides back down
the ramp.

Nathan manned up and rode the ramp - putting his left foot 6 inches from
the back of the gate (helmetless)...

we then tied em down - checked later and there was a little rubbing so we
tied it down again...

Lots to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment