We entered Mexico early figuring that the bad guys in Tijuana would not be awake yet... it turned out to be true. Border crossing was uneventful except my passport is due to expre at the end of the month... I got lectured on the need to fix it with a new one and promised I would not be in Mexico more than a week...
We are hading to Cativna tonight then may try and do 625 miles tomorrow to hit La Paz... let´s see how it goes.
The wind can sure push the bikes around... it´s kinda like being in a kayak on a windy day... I was passing a truck when a voice (guardian angel?) said, wait... I did and then the wind and the trucks wind displacement hit me... quite the shock... recovered smoothly and finished accelaration around the truck... was happy that I listened and then finished up accelaration around the truck.
I was amazed at the hospitality Jeff and Ann gave us. There is this passage in Matthew 25 where Jesus commends people for providing, food, drink, shelter to others... We came off the road yesterday tired, hungry and in need of rest. We had a curry, saphron chicken feast, soaked our cares away in the hottub, excellent conversation and a goods night rest. THANK YOU!!!!
Nathan asked me if I wanted to go to the beach. Challenge: ride the road covered in sand for a few hundred meters to get to where the beach begins... All was going well til the sand kicked my tire to the right towards deeper sand instead of to the left where it was hard packed. Next thing I know I am laying on my side... slow speed impact (2 mph). No damage to bike or Brett,
On a positive note, Nathan is finally starting to slow down and enjoy the ride (journey) instead of being ruled by the clock... I think this quality will continue to grow in him...
We enjoyed you two.. and hope to see you on your return trip. Praying for your safety!
ReplyDelete